AIS Display Garden Application Form.
(copy form into word document, fill it out, and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title AIS Display, include images as attachments)
Types of Iris/number of cultivars
Special Types of above
What is the purpose or emphasis of the display?
Do you have companion plants with garden settings or a collection?
- Is the garden wholly or partly handicap accessible?
- Does the garden include interesting features, pools, waterfalls, fountains, Garden Art.?
- Is everything clearly labeled or mapped?
- Are toilet facilities available?
- Does the garden include Hybridizers seedlings, If so, whose?
- What calendar dates are reasonable times for viewing bloom?
- Are there any other attributes that should be mentioned
- Please include an image of the overall garden
Note this data should be updated yearly.
Suggested Themes/Types of display gardens;
General iris display; This type of display garden would provide a cross section of all types of Iris showing the diversity of the genus.
Judges garden: This type of display garden would attempt to plant at least 50% of the iris in a particular group that have received a high commendation and would subsequently be eligible for higher awards.
Hybridizer garden: This type of display garden would feature irises from a particular hybridizer or Irises from hybridizers of a particular state or region.
Taxonomic garden: This type of garden would assemble for display as many irises within a certain taxonomic group as is practical.
Mail to George Boyce, 502 Dairy Rd., Palmerton, PA 18071 or scan and e-mail to email@example.com