Adding New Cultivars
Only docents add new cultivars. If you would like to become a docent, please see Docent Info
Important Naming Rules!
- Topic Naming. To add a new cultivar the topic name must be the class prefix + the variety name. Capitalize the first letter of the prefix and the first letter of the variety name, the second letter small, and all the rest small or capital letters. Examples: JiDiomedes, TbMillenniumFalcon, SpxEnfantProdige.
- No new Prefixes! ONLY use one of the existing prefixes as shown below or on the main page. Do NOT use any old prefix or make up any new ones or your entry will go into the great bit bucket in the sky!
How to Add a cultivar
Please notice that there is a different template
for each class (prefix) of iris. Make sure you are using the correct template for the cultivar you wish to add.
- Below are the templates for each class of iris. Find the text box for the class you are adding.
- Enter the NEW cultivar topic name in the box, for example JiDiomedes, as per the above rules. Then click "Add new XX".
- Change "Variety Name", "YYYY" and "Hybridizer" and any optional description.
- Click Save.
- If you go back and add a photo to the cultivar you have just added, please make sure that you have carefully read ALL the instructions for adding a photo in Welcome Info.