2020 Iris Events - Cancellations and Status Announcements
The rapidly developing Coronavirus / Covid-19 situation has led to a number of cancellations of 2020 iris events. Other iris events have changes, including possible cancellations, being considered. This is a place to collect such changes / potential changes for irisarians as notices are available. Please add additions and changes below as you become aware of them. Links to the announcements are appreciated. If you are uncomfortable editing this page, please send your notices and links to Wayne Messer, editor of the AIS electronic newsletter News & Notes, at email@example.com
. Thank you and please stay safe.
There continue to be many iris shows being cancelled. Their status is being shown on the Iris Show Calendar by Date 2020 page
The March 13, 2020 issue of the AIS electronic newsletter News & Notes
provides details on changes we knew at that time.
- Society for Louisiana Irises April 3-5, 2020, New Orleans, LA – CANCELLED – Details here. (Right hand column, down the page)
- Median Iris Society April 16–18, 2020: Oklahoma City, OK – CANCELLED – Details here. (Facebook - Oklahoma Iris Society)
- Region 20 - MPIS Spring Meeting & Region 20 Silent Auction April 4, 2020 Denver, Colorado. CANCELLED - Will be rescheduled in the Fall.
- Region 4 - Region 4 2020 Spring Regional Meeting May 1-2, 2020 Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina. CANCELLED
- AIS 100th Anniversary Convention - May 18-23 Newark, New Jersey. AIS 2020 CANCELLED - Notice as of March 16, 2020 can be found here
- Region 18 - Region 18 Spring Regional Meeting. CANCELLED - Notice here.
- Region 5 - Region 5 2020 Spring Regional Meeting April 17- 18, 2020 Millidgeville, Georgia. CANCELLED
Possible Covid-19 Resources
currently has this banner on every page:
Reliable information about the coronavirus (COVID-19) is available from the World Health Organization (current situation
, international travel
), the Government of Canada
, the US National Network of Libraries of Medicine
, the US Centers for Disease Control
, the US Food & Drug Administration
and this WorldCat list of helpful e-resources
- 13 Mar 2020