POSITION TITLE: Affiliation Chairman
- To certify Affiliate status of each Society or Chapter submitting an Application for Affiliation with The American Iris Society.
- He/she is appointed by the President and responsible to the Board of Directors.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
- To certify affiliated societies/chapters on an annual basis.
- To assist in the formation of new affiliated societies/chapters.
TIMETABLE FOR ACCOMPLISHING SPECIFIC TASKS:
- To contact the Regional Vice Presidents and submit to them the necessary forms for each affiliated society to apply for renewal of their affiliated status.
- To verify that the officers of each society/chapter applying for affiliation are members of The American Iris Society.
- To notify the Regional Vice Presidents of the status of each society/chapter that has applied for affiliation (new or continued).
To submit a list of approved affiliated societies/chapters to the following persons:
- Editor of the Bulletin of The American Iris Society.
- The AIS MemSec.
- The Slides Chairman of The American Iris Society.
- The Exhibitions Chairman of The American Iris Society.
- To attend the spring and fall meetings of the Board of Directors of the American Iris Society and to present a written report at each meeting.
- Initial contact with Regional Vice Presidents concerning certification of affiliates (new and continued) for the following year.
- Ø Sends a letter to each RVP along with the following forms:
- a) One (1) copy of the Application for Affiliation with The American Iris Society for each affiliated society/chapter seeking renewal.
- b) Two (2) copies of the Application for Affiliation with The American Iris Society for societies/chapters seeking initial affiliation.
- c) One (1) copy of the RVP Report to Affiliates Chairman for each affiliated society/chapter seeking renewal and two (2) copies for societies/chapters seeking initial affiliation.
- Applications for Affiliation with The American Iris Society returned to the Regional Vice President.
- RVPs return an Application and RVP Report to Affiliates Chairman for each renewing and new affiliate to the Affiliates Chairman.
- Affiliates Chairman notifies each society/chapter that the Application for Affiliation has been approved or rejected. The RVP is also notified.
April 15 (no later than)
- Affiliates Chairman sends a list of approved affiliates to the Editor of The Bulletin of The American Iris Society. A copy is also sent to the AIS MemSec, AIS Slides Chairman and the AIS Exhibitions Chairman.
Mid-April to late May
- Attend the spring meeting of the AIS Board of Directors and make a written report. This meeting is concurrent with the AIS National Convention.
First week-end in November
AIS POLICIES (and approval dates) PERTAINING TO AFFILIATES:
- Attend the fall meeting of the AIS Board of Directors and make a written report.
- (Mtg date: 11/98 Bul. #312-1)
It was agreed that the (current) Invitation to Join should be free to affiliates.
- (Mtg date: 11/98 Bul. #312-1
It was agreed that AIS restore the use one free set of slides per year to each affiliate.
- (Mtg date: 11/98 Bul. #312-1)
It was agreed that the Affiliate Chairman can accept chapter Co-Presidents as long as both of them, as well as all the other chapter officers, are AIS members in good standing.
- (Mtg date: 11/97 Bul. #309-1)
It was agreed that the 10 AIS member requirement be removed as a necessary requirement to qualify for affiliation.
- (Mtg. date: 11/95 Bul. #300-1)
For clarificationir was stated that affiliates are subscribing members with no vote, as are institutions, libraries, etc.
- (Mtg date: 10/94 Bul. #295)
It was agreed in the interest of economy that when the affiliate listing is printed in The AIS Bulletin that the presidents' names and addresses no longer be included, and a brief announcement be printed referring those who need such information to the Membership Secretary.
Topic revision: r2 - 07 Nov 2011, RPries