POSITION TITLE: Image Coordinator received 11-5-2015
• To create a reference library of images associated with fully completed registrations received from the AIS Registrar-Recorder.
• He/she is appointed by the President and responsible to the Board of Directors.
GUIDELINES FOR IMAGE SUBMISSION:
• Registrants are requested (but not required) to submit images after a registration has been completed and they have received the Registration Certificate.
• The Registrar will send a copy of the then current Policy for Submission of Digital Images with each mailing of Registration Certificates.
• The submissions should be the highest quality digital images in jpeg format (4x6-300 dpi or medium setting on a camera- Higher Resolution (600 dpi) is preferred but not to exceed 1200 dpi).
• Images should be labeled as follows: iris name_hybridizer_year of introduction_type_photographer (i.e. Splashacata_Tasco_05_TB_JSmith). Fields should be separated with an underscore (_).
• If possible, the submission should include:
o a close up image of the flower.
o an image of the flower and stalk.
o an image of the clump.
It is to the advantage of the hybridizer to submit the best photos possible so that the images promote the cultivar in AIS projects. The photographer retains copyright ownership but agrees to any AIS uses when they submit images of the iris.
• The photograph of the flower should be taken in the garden with no digital manipulation permitted. Color and form should be true to cultivar in all respects and in sharp focus.
• The images will be stored with the Image Coordinator and for reference in the AIS library. A copy to be sent to Iris Encyclopedia coordinator-Robert Pries
• Images are to be submitted to the Image Coordinator at: AISImage@irises.org
DETAILED COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER:
• The registrant hereby acknowledges that by submitting a photograph of an iris cultivar registered with the Registrar-Recorder of the American Iris Society the registrant hereby grants the AIS and its agencies (Affiliates, Regions, Sections) the right to reprint or republish such photograph in the Iris Encyclopedia maintained by the AIS; in any of the newsletters or journals published by the AIS or its agencies; to publish such photograph on any website maintained by or on behalf of the AIS or any of its agencies; and to publish such photograph in any other publication published by the AIS or its agencies in the ordinary course of its educational and scientific activities.
• Submission of a photograph to the AIS represents and warrants that, with respect to the photograph submitted, the hybridizer is the owner of all copyright rights other than those rights otherwise granted to the AIS herein or by law. If the photograph submitted was taken by other than the hybridizer, the hybridizer certifies that permission has been obtained from the owner of the photograph for the uses described herein. The photographer shall retain ownership of all individual copyright rights to the photograph covered by this agreement except for those rights granted to the AIS or by law.