POSITION TITLE: President
In accordance with Article VII, Section 2 of the Bylaws of The American Iris Society, the President is the executive head of the organization. He/she administers and is responsible for the proper management of all aspects of the Society's activities.
- He/she is elected by and responsible to the Board of Directors.
The following are responsible to the President:
- First Vice President
- Second Vice President
- Editor of the Bulletin.
- Membership Chairman'
- Chairmen of all standing committees
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
- He/she is a member of the Board of Directors (with vote) and participates with other Directors in the responsibility for establishing basic Society policies.
- He/she has the responsibility to utilize all resources of the Society in implementing the basic policies adopted by the Board of Directors.
- He/she is responsible for establishing and maintaining a competent organizational structure with functions, responsibilities, authority, and accountability clearly defined.
- Appoints the chairmen of each of the standing committees (at the fall meeting of the Board of Directors).
- Assists the Board of Directors in the development of Society policies and objectives on both long and short-term programs.
- Establishes and directs plans and programs to achieve the approved objectives and administers policies established by the Board of Directors.
- Assumes responsibility for the general supervision and coordination of all of the Society's operations and administers the Society through the direction of those functions reporting to him/her.
- Acts as the official agent of the Board of Directors and the Society in all public announcements and interpretation of objectives, policies and programs. This includes notification of award winners - Garden and Honorary - by telephone, email or letter.
- Serves as an ex-officio member of all committees except the Nominating Committee.
- Approves expenditures for all budgeted and non-budgeted items.
- Presides at all meetings of The American Iris Society and the AIS Board of Directors.
- Assumes responsibility for relationships with other plant societies, associations, and foundations.
- Evaluates over-all results of Society operations and makes an annual report to the Board of Directors.
- Is alternate signature on all Treasurer's accounts.
- Authors a letter/message for publication in each edition of the