Benefits of Dwarf Iris Society Membership
Membership in the Dwarf Iris Society
(DIS) works to everyone’s benefit;
Without a plant society;
- You may think you know a lot, but what good is it if you do not share your knowledge; Or you may know little and connecting with members through publications and in person can enrich your knowledge. (DIS) provides a biennial newsletter and a Facebook group and members who can act as mentors. We help create lectures and slide shows.
- By oneself it is often hard to find the most interesting plants. Not only does the society alert you to sources but it connects you to fellow members who have plants that may have disappeared in commerce, or have not yet been introduced. DIS also gets access to rare collections and plant expeditions.
- By oneself you may have a garden that brings you great pleasure. But as a member you may have visitors who appreciate the work you have done and the plants you are growing.
- You may be a great photographer but unless you can display your art, to others who will appreciate it, you are not getting the compliments you deserve.
- As members it is fun to be able to share excess plants with others who will appreciate them.
- Your garden becomes a special garden, not just a neighborhood garden. You can register as a display garden, or even a national collection.
- If you have a garden event liability insurance can be provided free by AIS.
- If you would like to hybridize new Iris, the opportunities for doing something significant with Dwarfs are great.
- The knowledge you gain can be combined with other gardeners to improve all our gardens.
- By yourself you are alone. As a member you have a place waiting for you in the Iris community, a master of gardening who knows something.
By oneself it is hard to accomplish much for the betterment of the world but working together we can make the world a better place for ourselves and the future.
Error: no images found
Please do not enter images that are not your own without owners' permission, this is against Wiki policy
"Although the Encyclopedia is free to all, it is supported by Emembership in AIS, If you would like to help sustain this reference, for $15 you can become an Emember, click here
Interested in MDB's?
Please visit the: Dwarf Bearded Iris Society
Your Observations Are Valued.
Please make note of bud count, branching, purple based foliage and bloom time, etc. Because these are affected by climate, note date, year and geographic location and write these and other comments in the comment box below.
-- Main.RPries - 2011-03-07