Searching the Wiki
If you follow this simple caution it should be easy to find something on the wiki.
To search the entire wiki you need to check the box indicated in red on this image of the search page.
If you do not check the box, the wiki searches only the web you are in. this can be handy so that you do not get every place where the word appears. The main web contains mostly Awards. Scroll down this page for more hints.
Some other hints or tricks!
- Be sure to scroll down to see each web's search results when searching multiple webs
- Myth: You do not need to use a wikiword to search. Just type what you are looking for.
- Do not use punctuation marks between or in words. For example drop the accent marks in a French name
- If your spelling is off you will not get the search results you are looking for.
- Try searching part or parts of the word(s) you are sure of the spelling. You do not need to search only for compete words.
- Hint if you know the web but not the spelling, try looking under the letter of the alphabet.
- There is a normal index found just above the search box on the left sidebar, General topics other than cultivars such as "cultivation" can be found there.
- Searches provide you with the first 50 results click next to see more.
Check out our Image galleries
We have made some searches already for you and assembled the results into picture galleries; For example galleries of Irises that have won awards in a given year. Explore the Index on the left bar for general subjects.
You are now prepared to do a search WEB SEARCH